[mythtv] I think I've found a bug...

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Fri Nov 10 16:34:57 UTC 2006

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 21:14 -0500, Tom Lichti wrote:
>> I got my HDHomeRun today, and in trying to set it up, mythtv-setup
>> managed to screw up my channels table. Before the HDHR, I have 3
>> PVR-x50's in the backend, and one source (same across all 3 cards) with
>> sourceid 1. I added the two HDHR tuners, and in following the
>> instructions for setting up the HDHR I did a channel scan, and it
>> scanned a bunch of bogus channels on top of my sourceid 1, which screwed
>> up the recordings that started a few minutes later, since whatever it
>> did made the channels all off by one. I had to scramble to fix it so the
>> wife could watch at least the last half of Survivor, so I don't have the
>> tables still in a bad state, but I'm sure I could reproduce it if needed.
>>
>> Thoughts anyone?
>
> This is really a MythTV users question. But you should create a new
> video source for the HDHR, one for each tuner if they are plugged
> into different sources. The PVR-x50's are analog and the HDHR's are
> digital so they need different tuning information.
>
> -- Daniel

I've found the issue, you can configure the compile in such a way that
HDHR dependencies are not met. If you enable hdhr, but disable crciprec,
iptv, freebox and dbox2, then you cannot setup the HDHR successfully. It
will compile, but you cannot do proper channel scans, which is what I
ran into.

I guess it's not really a bug, since it is an 'expert configuration',
but perhaps there should be a dependency on iptv and crciprec for
hdhomerun? Or at the least a note in configure --help that there is a
dependency?

Just my observation, thanks for the help!

Tom