[mythtv] Question about videooutbase changes

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Nov 6 14:21:29 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-11-05 at 19:19 -0500, Jerry Rubinow wrote:
> We (Robin, Jay, and I) have been plugging along on the myth port to
> windows, and our biggest stumbling block right now is
> libmythtv/videoout_dx.cpp.  There was a rewrite of some stuff in
> videooutbase.h/.cpp earlier in the year and videoout_dx.h/.cpp were
> never modified to work with the changes.  Can someone familiar with
> the changes tell me what the correspondence is between these variables
> in the old code:
>     imgx, imgy, imgw, imgh
>     dispx, dispy, dispw, disph
>     dispxoff, dispyoff, dispwoff, disphoff
> and variables in the new code?
>
> I'm guessing img* => video_rect, and disp* => display_video_rect.  But
> what is the new disp*off?

// portion of video frame used for display (in video samples)
imgx = video_rect.left()
imgy = video_rect.top()
imgw = video_rect.width()
imgh = video_rect.height()

// total dimensions of video window (in display pixels)
dispxoff = display_video_rect.left()
dispyoff = display_video_rect.top()
dispwoff = display_video_rect.width()
disphoff = display_video_rect.height()

// portion of window containing video (in display pixels)
dispx = display_visible_rect.left()
dispy = display_visible_rect.top()
dispw = display_visible_rect.width()
disph = display_visible_rect.height()