[mythtv] More scheduling scheduler

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Wed May 31 14:57:05 UTC 2006

On Wed, 31 May 2006 01:05 am, David Engel wrote:
> On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 03:08:42PM -0500, David Engel wrote:
> > On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 01:17:54AM +1000, Paul Andreassen wrote:
> > > Fixed in attached patch.  This assumes that the softpadding is going to
> > > be soft even for high priority programs.  If not the longer commented
> > > section should work.
> >
> > I'll try to get to this in the next few days.  I've been terribly busy
> > with other things lately.  My main question is if the between time
>
> I apologize for taking so long on this.  I've got a lot of other
> things going on and MythTv development is not a high priority right
> now.  I'll hopefully have more time in a few weeks to wrap this up.

I've got a new laptop and been installing Ubuntu.  It appears that the modem,
card reader, wireless lan and maybe the graphics card need a more recent
kernel.  A kernel is no problem but it'll probably break other things like
udev.

> In the mean time, can you please try to simplify
> Scheduler::PartialSoft().  My gut tells me it's larger and more
> complicated than need be.  I'm thinking something closer to your
> original soft3complete-partial.patch should be about right.

It didn't take into account rsRecording or schedMoveHigher.  Depends on if we
are going to allow soft dropping on higher priority shows.  It makes this
code easier but MoveHigherRecords and TryAnotherShowing harder.

Paul