[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r10067 by danielk

Pekka Jääskeläinen pekka.jaaskelainen at iki.fi
Wed May 31 04:56:47 UTC 2006

On 5/31/06, Petr Stehlik <pstehlik at sophics.cz> wrote:
> mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org píše v Út 30. 05. 2006 v 19:34 +0000:
> >    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/10067
> > Fixes #1748. Adds external subtitle file support for internal video player.
>
> I am wondering if this could be used for adding subtitles to live TV (or
> recorded shows at least).

For recorded shows, yes. Currently, vobsub (DVD-subtitles) are not supported,
but when that support is added, there can be a DVB sub->VobSub
converter which creates an external subtitle file for recordings with
DVB subtitles (ffmpeg
supports decoding DVB subs and creating DVD subtitles AFAIK).
Unfortunately I'm not probably going to have free time in near future
to add VOBSUB support :I

--
--PJ