[mythtv] Initial Patch to enumerate Alsa Soundcards

Matthew Wire devel at mrwire.co.uk
Sun May 28 17:18:17 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've written a patch to enumerate a list of alsa soundcards to display
in the general settings.
There are a couple of problems at the moment which I would appreciate
some help with!

1. I copied the #IFDEF USING_ALSA etc from audiooutput.cpp.  But they
don't seem to work in globalsettings.cpp (this patch comments them out
because of this).  Any ideas why this would be?  I tried including
config.h but this had no effect.

2. Myth shows duplicate devices.  When you first show the
audiooutputdevice combobox it is filled with an entry for each audio
device (oss + alsa) + a duplicate for the currently selected entry.
As soon as I try and change the selected item by clicking the mouse or
using the keyboard the box fills with duplicates for all devices.  Any
ideas what is happening here?

Thanks,
Matthew Wire