[mythtv] 'Test Harness' for MythTV recording devices

Andrew Kimpton awk at awkward.org
Fri May 26 20:53:10 UTC 2006

I've been able to 'port' (a pretty loose use of the word) the V4L code
for the Plextor TV402 Device to Mac OS X. Note this is NOT a port of the
V4L code rather it's just a framework which is somewhat similar and uses
the opensource GO7007 device driver code.

I'd like to try and get this working with Myth. Is there any test
harness or 'bring up' notes someone could refer me to that would let me
integrate this code with Myth and test this device without needing to
run both backend and frontend and also having to define a recording
schedule ?

Or do I just have to 'dive in' with both feet and start making things work ?

Thanks

Andrew 8-)