[mythtv] More fix up questions

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Fri May 26 20:38:34 UTC 2006

mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org <> wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 12:07 +0200, Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
>
>> From the uk fix up function i can see that it removes episode
>> information from the title and moves it to the description.
>> I can understand that getting rid of episode number from the title
>> is a good thing, but what is the reason for moving it from the
>> subtitle to the description?
>
> *shrug* I don't know, but in DataDirect data the
> partnumber/parttotal is
> only used for multipart episodes; not for the whole series of
> episodes. I believe syndicatedepisodenumber is where you want to store
> the episode
> of something like ST:TNG, Stargate SG-1, etc.

What format does syndicatedepisodenumber have?
Does the scheduler use partnumber/parttotal or syndicatedepisodenumber or is
only used in the program guide?

I'm not sure i can tell the difference between those two cases from the
guide data i have.
Sometimes i have only the current episode and sometimes i have both current
and total.

I'll see if i can figure something out, if not i'll stick with
partnumber/parttotal.

>> And if the episode/subtitle field is empty maybe add the part
>> numbers to the subtitle field if part number is known?
> Not sure what you mean.

What i meant was if the subtitle is empty, create a subtitle based on the
episode numbers.
This is so you can set a recording to use dupe matching on subtitle only
since the desctiption may change between repeats of the same show.