[mythtv] writing patches that build on not yet committed patches.

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Tue May 23 09:03:11 UTC 2006

Lucas Meijer wrote:
> But does not solve the problem of the original poster (me :) ). if two
> trees have such an overlap that their individual diffs don't both apply
> to trunk, this nonfancy stuff doesn't work out anymore.

But if you had different trees each with different patches applied, you
could diff the two trees and get the necessary patches.

It's a bit of a mess management wise and you could easily confuse
yourself, but it would work mostly (if you can exclude all the binary
files form compiles, and internal .svn folder stuff).

Col.