[mythtv] Transcoding erases bookmark

Dan Wilga mythtv-dev at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Mon May 22 13:15:06 UTC 2006

For the past couple months, I've noticed a problem that didn't used
to be there. Here's the sequence:

1. Set a program to record using a playback group that is faster than
normal. In my case, I record the BBC news and have it playback at
1.3x normal speed.

2. Once you have a recording to watch, watch a few minutes of it and
exit out, saving the position.

3. Let automatic transcoding happen, going from MP2 (PVR-350/250) to .nuv.

4. Now, when I look at the program in the recordings list, it has the
little heart icon to show that there's a bookmark, but when I start
playback it starts at the beginning.

I'd be willing to help figure out where this bug lies, but I haven't
the slightest idea of where to start looking in the code. Suggestions?