[mythtv] MARK_COMM_START, MARK_COMM_END

Robert Tsai mythtv at tsaiberspace.net
Sun May 21 19:36:02 UTC 2006

On Sun, May 21, 2006 at 12:51:16PM -0400, Steven Adeff wrote:
> > I have a new logo-detector working, but I don't think I've got
> > integration with the database completely correct. I know the
> > detection itself is working based on my debugging output. However,
> > the database integration is not quite correct (the "marks" QMap
> > that is supposed to be returned by getCommercialBreakList). The
> > symptoms are:
> >
> >         - In "Edit Recordings", the little hash marks are not
> >         correctly aligned with the "red" bars denoting commercial
> >         breaks. The red bars are correct; the hash marks are not
> >         correct.
>
> Are you sure this is directly related to your work? I remember for a
> while back the tick marks were not correctly aligned.

I'm not positive. I've not used "Edit Recordings" in over a year.

But I did do "Edit Recordings" on an older recording that I've not
tested my work with, and the tick marks are similarly mis-aligned
(hadn't thought to check), so I guess it's not me.

> >         - When playing back a recording that has been subjected to
> >         my new commercial flagger, commercials are forcibly
> >         skipped over (despite the Auto-Skip being set to "off" or
> >         "notify"). Even if I attempt to rewind, the player simply
> >         skips over the marked breaks.
>
> If you have a cut list loaded Myth will automatically skip over the
> cut out sections. Make sure your not load the cutlist.

Ah, that was it. I had to re-enter "Edit Recordings" and un-load the
cutlist. So things do work as expected now.

Thanks,
--Rob