[mythtv] HD3000: Could not get card info for card #0!

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue May 16 14:03:56 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 19:52 -0400, David Cain wrote:
> At 12:00 PM +0000 5/14/2006, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:

> >MythTV uses the one in /usr/include, unless you tell it
> >otherwise in ./configure with the "--dvb-path=" directive.
> This is just the rub: I haven't compiled (well, MythTV anyway...). I'm
> using Marillat's (very thoughtfully provided) .debs. Am I to assume there's
> a problem with the .debs? Seems like Marillat mightn't have caught the lack
> of ATSC stuff from France.

Hmm, I suggest you point out the problem to Marillat.
I'm sure he'll want to know about it and fix it.

> I guess my solution is to replace the stock DVB frontend.h file (done) and
> compile MythTV 0.19 from scratch, yes? Have never been able to successfully
> complete compiles of 0.18, so I'm not holding out much hope here.
> Should I replace all the other DVB-specific .h files with copies from
> --dvb-path?

No, I wouldn't recommend doing this, the headers in the kernel are different
from the ones in /usr/include/linux. They may break other application
compiles if you copy them to /usr/include/linux.

> Any Debian experts know whether I'll be able to overwrite my own compile of
> 0.19 with (hopefully-working-for-ATSC) debs of the next version without
> problem?

I'm not a debian expert, but I assume that if you otherwise use the same
compile options as the debian mythtv packages, it won't break anything.

-- Daniel