[mythtv] Internal Player has problems playing from DVD

David Asher david.asher at caviumnetworks.com
Mon May 15 03:09:14 UTC 2006

I tried to watch Chronicles Of Narnia on DVD w/the Internal player
tonight and I couldn't get the movie itself to play without terrible
breakup.  The video looked like it was never quite getting the key
frames it needed.

I switched to xine and everything was fine.

I didn't see anything particularly interesting in the mythfronend -v
playback log.  Just lots of video is ahead of the audio messages.
Eventually it thought it was in sync, but the playback was still bad.
Then it would think it was out of sync again.

What should I do to debug it?

David.