[mythtv] Any development on VPS (video programming system)

Martin Mardin01 at gmx.de
Tue May 9 10:54:34 UTC 2006

Hi Maestro,

Yes I agree with reuse of code ... but the other thing is how to implement it
in mythtv (database, UI, ...)

The biggest problem may be the scheduler, which has to search on all channels
for to early / late recordings (out of time / date) ... Mythbox (backend) has
to be ON every time (no possible timer wakeup) if there is only one VPS
recorded show ...

I'm not very familar with C++ , because I prefer to use good, old C ... (maybe
I'm a every hardware related programmer).

Maybe I have time to look at mythtv code, to get some ideas how complex it
will be to integrate in Myth.

The other side (of the problem) will be, that only in a view contries (main in
germany) VPS is used I think? Or am I wrong? Maybe someone will post it as
request (project) for programmer summer :-)

Best regards
Martin

p.s.: nice name ... There's a nice vr game from musicvr.com (Mike Oldfield,
musician) ... :-)