[mythtv] Recording/scheduling thread dying?

Karsten Kretschmer kkretsch at onlinehome.de
Mon May 8 06:39:28 UTC 2006

On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 12:41:41AM +0100, Simon Kenyon wrote:
> Karsten Kretschmer wrote:
> >
> > Do you mean you had fewer problems with libmysqlclient_r?
> >

> oh yes!
> how can i stress this enough
>
> mysqlclient_r is for programs that are reenterant (sp?)
> myth certainly qualifies
>
> i went from a situation where i would get lots of random crashes to
> now where i have none. don't get me wrong, there are occasionally
> still problems, but not random ones. i had been banging my head
> against a wall until i found the bug report in the qt bugs database

Unfortunately, it seems that using libmysqlclient_r is not sufficient
to solve the problem I'm seeing. Yesterday i re-emerged qt and patched
the makefiles to use -lmysqlclient_r instead of -lmysqlclient. I
restarted the backend and tested with several recordings, also
overlapping ones. All seemed well, however tonight the problem occured
again. After the scheduled beginning of one recording, scheduling log
messages stop and the recording was not done. This recording was not
overlapping any others so my earlier observations about the problem
occuring at the second of two overlapping ones were probably just a
coincidence.

Karsten