[mythtv] "Flagging" Videos

Roger Martensson roger.martensson at gmail.com
Sun May 7 16:47:37 UTC 2006

On 5/7/06, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:

> * On Sat May 06, 2006 at 02:54:37PM -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> write
> or if
>
> > > You're better off just using something like Recording Groups to have
> > > "His", "Hers", "Ours" groups and just move things into the appropriate
>
> > With all due respect to a great hack, Chris, that works with a couple,
> > but the implicit combinatorial explosion of a family of 5 would
> > probably make it impractical.

And my "objection" to using the groups is that the way of moving shows
between groups adds a "layer of complexity"(ie. too many clicks).

If groups should be used for this is had to be possible to add a show to
more than one group at the time. Exampel: The recording profile for "Extreme
Home Makeover" add it self to dad, mom and daughter profile but not to son
profile.

When I delete it from my profile it should not be deleted from disk. When
show is not in any profiles anymore it is safe to delete it.

Autoexpire and forcing delete should ofcourse be possible.

hmm.. Maybe I should take a look at the recording groups and see if it is
possible to enhance it to use my ideas about putting recordings into more
than one group..

I think a counter flag would work just about as well, that's why I
> replied. :)  "Who watched program XYZ? the counter says 3."

 That was the way I was thinking of implementing this. If the counter says 3
it means three people hasn't seen it. When it reaches zero everyone has seen
the show and it's safe to delete. :)

My current implementation adds another property to the Storage group which
is the counter. I could have used the autoexpire property but then I see
that property as a bool and should only handle auto expire.

I think in order for this to be effective, it will need Myth to be
> user-aware like the "Make MythTV Multi-User" Summer Of Code project I

This sure would be very nice to implement but then it probably has to touch
almost every corner of the myth source. Probably why it is a Summer Of Code
project. :)