[mythtv] "Flagging" Videos

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat May 6 19:33:55 UTC 2006

* On Sat May 06, 2006 at 06:22:23PM +0200, Roger Martensson wrote:
> I'm planning to implement a Flag-show mechanism. I thought I should write
> here first to see if someone here is already working on such a thing or if
> there is a better way to do it.

You're better off just using something like Recording Groups to have
"His", "Hers", "Ours" groups and just move things into the appropriate
group if you watch something without the other person.  So, by default
recordings go into 'Ours' (or 'Default'), then when you watch something,
move it into 'Hers', then if she watches something in 'Hers', she knows it
is safe to delete.  Ditto for her moving things into 'His' when she
watches them.

I doubt a patch like you're describing would be accepted since it's easy to
do this already with the Recording Groups.  Themes can be modified to
display the Recording Group if they don't already, so you could easily see
on-screen that a recording was in 'His', 'Hers', or 'Ours.'

--
Chris