[mythtv] Backend troubles

Khanh Tran khanh at khanh.net
Thu May 4 12:15:41 UTC 2006

I don't see #3, but I definetly see #2 and probably #1.  The backends
need to be started and stopped and restarted in sequence.  First I
shut down my slave, then the master and then start the master and the
slave back up.  Otherwise, the backend process just runs, but doesn't
do anything.  The only time I see an error is using mythweb which
generates the MYTHPROTO error.  It's actually pretty bad because
you'll see the process running, but it's not doing anything and won't
work until you shut down and start back up.  I even think it's causing
errors that I've never had before with the remote mounted filesystem I
have feeding xine (fstat errors).  Xine freezes randomly until I
reboot my slave backend.