[mythtv] mpeg4 H.264 over dvb in UK

Alan Nisota alannisota at gmail.com
Tue May 2 14:31:00 UTC 2006

On 5/2/06, Alan Nisota wrote:
> Now seperately, you mention needing a new card to capture the streams.
>  Are they in DVB-S2?  Linux does not yet have official support for any
> DVB-S2 cards.  I have posted a patch that adds basic DVB-S2 support to
> myth (along with a patch to the linux-dvb list

Oops, that wasn't what I meant to send.  Here is a corrected (and
complete) version:

Now seperately, you mention needing a new card to capture the streams.
 Are they in DVB-S2?  Linux does not yet have official support for any
DVB-S2 cards.  I have posted a patch in trac #1330 that adds basic
DVB-S2 support to myth (along with a patch to the linux-dvb list to
add the required features) but talk on that list seems to have
stalled, not surprisingly without any DVB-S2 cards to support it (I am
using a genpix-8psk board to capture 8psk streams, but it won't work
in the UK).