[mythtv] More scheduling scheduler

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Tue May 2 12:16:39 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2 May 2006 08:19 am, David Engel wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 04:34:27AM +1000, Paul Andreassen wrote:
> > I've attached a patch that uses the themes to properly display the soft
> > padding.  It's only for Blue and G.A.N.T.
> Did you test it?  It doesn't look like it will work to me since the
> rsWillRecord path should already be taken.
> > Changed the setHelpText again.  It really should be shorter.
> OK.  I'm not going to include the "offset" progMap entry for now.
> On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 03:11:30AM +1000, Paul Andreassen wrote:
> > times look good for these two themes.  I need a hint why the list didn't
> > change colour on 'droppedsoft'.
> See above.

Now I understand why.

> > Should I do the other themes?
> Yes.

How is the best way to submit this.  Two patches, one for mythtv and one for
themes?

> > Attached 'soft3complete-partial.patch.gz' is patch for partial
> > padding.  This does seem to work.
> It should use cardid instead of inputid.

I thought the inputid was unique, will fix.  Is there anything else it should
be sorted on?  How should p->shareable be handled?  It currently doesn't
partially softpad p->shareable because it shouldn't need to.

>  It also needs to take into
> account whether or not softpadding has already been included.  I say
> maximize the softend and then give the rest to softstart.

It only does partial padding if there isn't room between programs for full
padding.  Currently it proportionally allocates, with any seconds truncated
to minutes in favour of softend.

> On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 01:43:13PM +1000, Max Barry wrote:
> > I also have a related suggestion. After playing around for a while, I
> > found that having "-" indicate start-early and "+" indicate end-late
> > became confusing. I think it would be more intuitive if "+" always meant
> > "more recording time" and "-" always meant "less recording time". So if
> > you have a 1-minute start-early buffer and a 2-minute end-late buffer,
> > it would display as "(+1 +2)", not "(-1 +2)".
> No one else spoke up so I switched this.

My original idea was simple math but have no better idea.

> On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 01:21:49AM -0400, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
> > How about "(1+ +2)" and "(1- +2)" instead?  Would that make sense?
> > (Seems to make more sense to me---makes it really obvious the times
> > are bookending the show, and how.)
> I purposely made separate progMap entries for startoffset and
> endoffset so theme designers can split them up if needed.  For
> example, it might make sense to display startoffset with starttime and
> endoffset with endtime.

I was going to do the themes as had previously.  Will I still put 'offset' in
it own area?

Why 'Don't apply softpadding if SchedMoveHigher? isn't enabled. '  ?

Thanks,
Paul