[mythtv] Playback too fast

Greg Stark gsstark at mit.edu
Fri Mar 31 14:41:57 UTC 2006

Doug Larrick <doug at ties.org> writes:

> Greg Stark wrote:
> > I've tracked down the cause of the problem I've been having with playback
> > that's too fast. It seems the DRM VBlank interface doesn't work properly on
> > the ATI drivers when you're in merged framebuffer mode.
> >
> > But it seems like mythtv is being too trusting here. Instead of depending
> > entirely on the vblank interface it really ought to use usleep for the bulk of
> > the sleeping then use vblank just for the actual synchronization.
>
> Should be easy enough to implement.  The video sync system is designed
> to be easily extended with new methods.  Why don't you give it a shot?

Well actually I was thinking the right thing to do would be to kind of merge
the three methods. So all three would do usleep and then the three options
would be just busywait/DRM/GL for the actual synchronization.

Or perhaps the usleep should be happening before the videosync method is even
called from NuppelVideo itself.

--
greg