[mythtv] Suggestion for more accurate episode scheduling

David Sattler davidmindslip at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 30 03:41:05 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I've got a bunch of educational programs with no real descriptions or
sub-title to them, and so if I select any "Duplicate Check Method", I end up
with only one episode - it thinks, based on strictly the title, that this
showing is already recorded.

The alternative is to select "None", and let it record every episode, but
then I've got to go through and purge duplicates manually.

I have found though, that a lot of stations accurately reflect the original
air date. Thus, making a duplicate check method that checks the original air
date would probably be a good way of detecting dups that would otherwise be
missed.

Thanks for the hard work.

David Szego.