[mythtv] Refresh rate during playback

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Mar 29 01:24:14 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 19:04 -0600, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Can anyone familiar with the videout_xv.cpp code and NuppleVideo player
> explain what this means:
> 2006-03-28 17:51:38.347 Refresh rate: 16579, frame interval: 33366
If the monitor is in progressive mode the monitor's refresh rate is
60.32 frames per second and the video is 29.97 frames per second.

> but it doesn't seem that this is the same that is returned during video
> playback.
What is returned during playback? Unless you are using the xrandr
feature in MythTV, it should be the same.

> This being the case, what are the consequences of this?  I'm
> seeing horrible XvMC performance (nvidia 7676 on MX4000) on this system
> and I can't figure out what's going on...
XvMC on nVidia hardware doesn't really work very well. The
chromakey OSD helps a little, so long as you don't use edit
mode or FF/REW or HDTV or timestretch. XvMC is mostly there
for VIA users and for the few people who don't have the CPU
horsepower to do without it.

-- Daniel