[mythtv] Mythfrontend crash on Mac OS X

Dave Just justifiably at cwazy.co.uk
Sun Mar 26 16:42:54 UTC 2006

> I've not done a build from trunk at all, since I don't have a mythtv
> development backend - I mostly track the releases here.  I've also not
> tried a sniderpad build.  I can certainly try a sniderpad .19 build -
> does that work for you or does it crash?

I haven't tried it, but the sniderpad SVN head builds worked until a
few weeks ago (quite possibly coinciding with QT update).  So
probably not worth you bothering to try --- but thanks for offering.

Hopefully someone else is working against SVN backend and can confirm/
deny my experience.

> I'm not certain how the sniderpad build is created.  I had to take
> steps
> to get fink out of my environment when building the PPC binaries.
> When
> building the Intel binaries I had DarwinPorts in my environment,
> but did
> not end up with the same problems I did when building PPC w/fink in
> the
> environment.

Yes, I've rather lost track of the bits and bobs I installed to try
to get builds working on PPC here.  I had little luck following the
manual instructions and using the scripts for a while, then some good
improvements went into the perl packaging script and it started working.

> I'll look in the archives for your trace and see if anything looks
> similar to the very rare crashes I have had.  Mine have all been while
> exiting video to the menu, typically live tv, but I think it's
> happened
> once on a recorded program as well.  It has only happened to me on
> PPC.
>   The Intel builds I've made seem to work pretty flawlessly here.

Thanks -- but it sounds like these crashes would be different.   The
one I'm talking about is immediate on startup, so seems plausible
it's a lib problem.

Cheers,

  - Dave.