[mythtv] Question regarding AVCVideoServices framework on MacOS X

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Tue Mar 21 23:25:29 UTC 2006

On Mar 21, 2006, at 3:13 PM, Nigel Pearson wrote:

>> In my latest efforts to get the MacOS X frontend for PPC built, I
>> noticed that it seems as if the AVCVideoServices framework is now
>> required to build it.
>
> 	I made a mistake in a patch which tries to locate that.
> Just checked in a fix. It should only have been a problem if
> the backend was explicitely enabled?

I'm not manually enabling the backend on the osx-packager.pl command
line, and I don't recall seeing it enabled when I saw the config
statement fly by from the script.  I just tried it really quick and
it is disabled as of the latest checkout.  I didn't do a complete
build yet to see if the framework is still included.

>> I'm trying to make a point of building SVN MacOS X PPC on a regular
>> basis both for my own edification to connect with my Linux SVN
>> backend, and to see if I can shake out some bugs if need be.
>
> 	Thanks for doing that, Jeremy. I usually try to do the same,
> but more of my Mac OS X changes are getting done late at night,
> when the testing regime is a little lax :-(

No problem, I understand the late night syndrome all too well.  If
there's anything else I can do, just let me know.