[mythtv] using myth as a remote client of iTunes.

Buzz buzz at oska.com
Mon Mar 20 02:11:18 UTC 2006

But then iTunes also lets you burn the songs to an audio CD, doesn't it.  (I
don't use it, so correct me if I'm wrong).

Audio CD's don't have DRM on the content.

If you want to be pedantic about it, you could burn Audio CD's of each and
every song/album, quite legitimately, using the iTunes software, and
although the DRM is removed, the "technological protection" has not been
circumvented at all, in any way.  You are then free to do whatever,
including converting/ripping the CD/s back into whatever on-line format you
like.

How can it be illegal to convert AAC(DRM)->AAC(no DRM) and not illegal to
convert AAC(DRM)->WAV(ON CD)->WAV(ON HDD)->AAC or WHATEVER(no DRM).

Buzz.