[mythtv] problem setting ivtv tuner channel in 0.19 w/ ivtv 0.4.x?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Mar 20 00:10:14 UTC 2006

On 03/19/2006 05:12 PM, Kenneth Padgett wrote:
> I upgraded to 0.19 rpms (current atrpms, so I think it has -fixes in
> it), and it installed the new ivtv 0.4.1 with it. I have an external
> tuner (Dish) and was getting nothing put static for live tv and
> recordings. I followed all the instructions I could find to fix it.

> manually ran this command and it started tuning the input properly:
>
> ivtv-tune -c3 -d/dev/video0
>
> So to "fix" it, I've got that command running when my system boots up,
> but shouldn't myth still be handling setting the tuner to channel 3?
> Did this break in 0.19? I have channel 3 set in mythtv-setup where it
> should be.

I'm assuming you mean the setting:

Preset tuner to channel
Leave this blank unless you have an external tuner that is connected to
the tuner input of your card. If so, you will need to specify the preset
channel for the signal (normally 3 or 4).

(otherwise, channel 3 isn't set where it should be ;).  If so, there was
a discussion on the -users list where a couple of people reported it was
not working for them in 0.19.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/188083#188083

Unfortunately, though, I haven't had a chance to look at it, yet.  Out
of curiosity, though, what do you get when you run:

mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e 'select * from cardinput\G'

(If it's too big, feel free to e-mail me directly--with the same subject
on the message.)

Thanks,
Mike