[mythtv] Backend crash on tuning to any DVB channel

Marcus Metzler mocm at mocm.de
Fri Mar 17 17:10:30 UTC 2006

    Daniel> I'm seeing a problem since updating past revision 9305
    Daniel> with tuning to any channel on DVB causing mythbackend to
    Daniel> crash.  This is showing up either with tuning to
    Daniel> record/watch TV or with the BE tuning to do EIT scanning.

    Daniel> This problem is not present in revision 9300 but is in
    Daniel> 9310 and later, the following is tested today using 9398.

    Daniel> Attached is the information mentioned in 22.2 of the
    Daniel> HOWTO, a backtrace and the myth.log from starting up the
    Daniel> backend to it crashing shortly afterwards.

I don't know if this is related, but I always get a segfault, when the
backend tries to read the EIT. I trakced it back to the CalcCRC call
in pespacket.c. Apparently the ProgramAssociationTable class inherits
the PesPacket class vioa the PSIPTable class and CalcCRC crashes when
it wants to calculate the Length() of the PesPacket. I haven't traced
it all through. I guess the reason is that the Finalize call is made
without checking if there even is a CRC. I am also not sure if
treating a TS section as PES is the right choice, but I haven't worked
through all the classes, so I can't really comment on that.

Marcus

| mocm at metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
 |>>>             Quis custodiet ipsos custodes                 <<<|