[mythtv] Question regarding the mouse support

Micah Francis Galizia mfgalizi at uwo.ca
Mon Mar 13 20:54:42 UTC 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: florin baiduc
Date: Monday, March 13, 2006 9:45 am
Subject: Re: [mythtv] Question regarding the mouse support
To: Development of mythtv

> I beg to differ!
> The gestures can be very easily assigned to any Myth action (one or
> more keypresses). That is not my intention for the moment.
> I intend to use the simple click on the buttons or menuitems for
> activating those item. The only gesture I would need for that
> would be
> the click, but, on the other hand, I need to find out how to
> focus the
> element under the mouse - that's why I was looking into the
> myththemendmenu files.
> My question was how to do that?. The existing mainmenu API doesn't
> have a lot of support for the this (or does it?)

As for easy assignment, yes, it would be easy to assigned clicks and gestures statically to actions, but that wouldn't be very flexible, would it?  As for determining which element UI element is focused, the code already does that, see MythMainWindow::eventFilter method.

So, as I was saying, all you need to do is translate the gesture (which includes single mouse clicks) into an appropriate action, and pass it off to the appropriate receiver.