[mythtv] Realtime commflag bug?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Mar 13 20:10:49 UTC 2006

* On Mon Mar 13, 2006 at 07:09:17PM +0100, Thomas B?rkel wrote:
> For every recording, the 1st *and* 2nd commercial were being announced
> with length by mythfrontend, but I could only jump (Z) over the 1st
> commercial, not over the 2nd ("At the end, cannot skip"). For the first
> recording, this problem was at about 21:47 realtime.
>
> So, if mythfrontend announces the break, displaying the length, why
> can't I jump over it? We were still 10 minutes behind realtime at the
> end of the 2nd commercial.

I have your email still in my inbox, hadn't had a chance to try to
track this down, but I took one look at the code just now and I'm pretty
sure I know what is going on.  totalFrames is only updated when the
decoder updates its seektable, but the commercial skip code uses
totalFrames to detect if we are too close to the end to skip.

When the flagger sends a new commercial skip map to the player, we
should trigger the decoder to update it's seektable so we know how long
the recording is.  Normally this sync would only happen when we skip.

I know what I need to do to fix it, just need to figure how I'm going to
do it.  Should be only a few lines of code.

--
Chris