[mythtv] backend deleted new recording "for no reason"

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Mar 9 04:53:07 UTC 2006

* On Wed Mar 08, 2006 at 11:46:17PM -0500, Steven Adeff wrote:
> I couldn't find anything, the log entries relating to that recording I
> found were relating to the recording of the episode. I have the log
> saved, so I could attach the whole thing, but I run with -v all so its
> big...

If you run with "-v all", then you would have seen a bunch of messages
from the AutoExpire code when it expired the recording.  These are displayed
whenever you use "-v file" so they should have been printed if the
expirer deleted your file.

> didn't think of this, but I just checked and the recording was set to
> "No episode limit". It was a 2hr HD recording though, if that means
> anything?

I don't think that's related, no limit means keep as many as it can,
and the expirer would have printed messages when it deleted the file if
you ran with "-v all".

> let me know if I should attach the full log.

If you want, you can cut the portion from 20 minutes or so prior to the
delete until just after the delete and gzip and mail to me privately
and I'll take a look to see if I notice anything.

--
Chris