[mythtv] Interlaced vs. Progressive

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Mar 5 01:05:31 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-03-04 at 19:46 -0500, David Asher wrote:
> No, I don't get any warning or information implying something bad is
> happening -- even with -v playback.  I definitely am not using
> chromakeying right now -- though I plan to try it soon.
>
> Should I make it "needrepaint = chroma_osd != NULL;" (or something
> like
> that)?

I don't mean chromakey osd, I mean chromakeying. This is when the
video is displayed only where a certain chromakey color is on
screen. When chromakeying is enabled you can drag a window from
another application with the chromakey color over the video window
and the video will show through. If your card is capable of
chromakeying MythTV will use the feature, and if you are using
XVideo and your card does not support chromakeying you will get
a warning. However, if you have a 'twinview' setup, chromakeying
may only be actually supported on one of the displays, then you
get nasty chromakey blinking.

-- Daniel

BTW Please don't use html e-mail to me or a mailing list. For me
it makes the e-mail look all funky, and everyone getting the
mailing list in digest mode just gets a big mess of html code.