[mythtv] Interesting Comparison

Buzz buzz at oska.com
Sat Mar 4 03:04:49 UTC 2006

To mythtv at zacglen.com.au:

Bravo on being willing to stand-up and get shot down in flames.  However,
nothing you [say] is going to appease this crowd now... Only what you [do].
I suggest making your code available for "review", so maybe start a
source-forge project, post the code to CVS/SVN, add a LICENSE file and a
README file, we don't care if it works right now or not, we just want
something to measure you against, so post a URL/something meaningful, and
let everyone here who cares make up their own mind.  I know, I'll definitely
be downloading it and looking at it closely if/when you make it
available.....

To Mike Wohlgemuth:

> I tend to respect actions and not words.  I also tend to have
> a fairly high opinion of my perl coding ability, and would
> genuinely be interested in getting my hands on well written
> perl code that replicated a major portion of MythTV's
> functionality.  So far nothing I've seen from you is
> syntactically correct perl.

Ditto.  Or even syntactically incorrect perl. :-)

David B.
Here's my syntactically correct perl, just for the record.
perl -e 'while(1){ print rand(2)%2?"put up!":"shut up!";}'