[mythtv] Interesting Comparison

Lasse Nisted zartzartzart+mythtv-dev at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 10:27:26 UTC 2006

>OSD is not a feature  of a browser.
>But OSD is a feature of mplayer, for example.
>Mplayer is existing software that can be reused.

Does mplayer let you skip between channels?
Or at least choose another channel while watching one?
Can it display info about the current show in its OSD?

I know XvMC is a feature of X11 - but I meant taking advantage of the
feature (Though mplayer would use it of course)

>LiveTV is just playing back a recored video.
>Nothing special at all. You can pause a recorded video
>with the pause button on most players.
Pausing was just an example. What about closed caption support,
tele text support?
But here you _might_ have a point. Maybe support for this should be
implemented in mplayer instead of making mythtv (the tv watching part)
I guess that's why the myth developers uses libraries - so they don't
have to reinvent the wheel all the time.