[mythtv] Interesting Comparison

mythtv at zacglen.com.au mythtv at zacglen.com.au
Fri Mar 3 10:03:09 UTC 2006

>No idea what the point of starting this thread was but at least reading
>Chris Pinkham's reply did crack me up :)

The point is that MythTV is bloated bug-ridden software which
mostly just duplicates the functionality of a browser.

Do the math - 112,792 lines vs a probable 3000 lines of Perl.

Do the experiment - try developing a Perl/whatever version and see how far you
get, how long it takes, and what the result is like.

I have taken the trouble to do the experiment.
The results are impressive.