[mythtv] Mac MPEG2 hardware acceleration

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Wed Jun 28 07:20:15 UTC 2006

	Thanks to Jeremiah, who gave me this in February,
here is a patch against SVN head for you to try out.
To get it to work, apply the patches,
configure with --enable-mac-accel, and build.
When you run it, make sure that you have the
value 'UseGPUDVDDriver' set to true in the file
'/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DVD.framework/Resources/Info.plist'
otherwise it will not accelerate anything.

WARNING: This code is dangerous. Doing something like a
Control-C while it is decoding a stream will hang your
Mac very badly. I have had my firmware and PRAM corrupted.
Make sure you have current filesystem backups,
and an extra external drive to boot from.

	Sorry it took me so long to share it - I wasn't
willing to publish until I actually thought I would
be able to support it, which meant I had to get it
working, understand it, et cetera.

	If anyone really wants a patch against 0.19-fixes,
ask and I will try to provide.

% svn diff libs/libmythtv/NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp
libs/libmythtv/avformatdecoder.cpp libs/libavcodec

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"Beware - I am a carrier
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia |          of surrealism"