[mythtv] Automatic transcoding

jafa hdtv at silicondust.com
Mon Jun 26 01:56:30 UTC 2006

Hi guys,

I am trying to get svn mythtv to automatically transcode recordings.

1) In mythtv-setup I have enabled "allow transcoding".
2) In the frontend the new schedule default setting is to automatically
transcode.
3) In the schedule details for each of my tv programs I have verified it
is set to automatically transcode.

However it does not schedule any transcoding jobs. Manually asking it to
do a transcoding job works ok.

The Wiki mentioned settup up a recording profile so I tried creating a
new profile... two issues:
1) It won't allow the height to be set to "auto" as it does in the
transcoding profile.
2) I can't see a way to delete the profile now that I have created it :-)

I guess I am either missing something or something isn't working quite
right.

Any ideas or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick