[mythtv] Updated DVD navigation fixes.

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 23:03:55 UTC 2006

On 6/17/06, stanley kamithi <skamithi at gmail.com> wrote:
> michael, i've put incredibles disc 2 on my netflix list. hopefully the US
> version has the same problems as your region's version.
>
>  i don't like the ability to jump to the next title  if you've reached the
> end of a title with more then 2 chapters. If you are at the end of the main
> feature and you hit next chapter,
>  you are taking to the menu. and alot of times, i just want to get to the
> end of the dvd without having to use chapter selection.
>  unless its really what the rest of the mythtv user community wants, i won't
> add that feature.
>
>  about IsInMenu() been wrong.. i disagree with your opinion. title 0
> contains the copyright warnings, and other dvd cells that needs special
> handling
>  in NVP because these sections are very short. and if u ask me, this is part
> of the dvd menu. not just the part with the buttons.
>
>  and once again, please use trac to submit patches. make sure the
> indentation and bracketing is as what is mentioned in the ticket howto
> (mythtv coding standard section)

I know exactly why Michael wants "next chapter" to skip to the next
title.  There are a lot of DVDs where the "Movie" starts out with a
whole bunch of single-chapter 15 second titles at the front of the
movie.  Most of these short titles are things like FBI warnings.  It
is very annoying to have to sit through theses, especially when there
are several of them with the same message just in a different
language.

Just to be clear, I am not talking about the stuff leading up-to the
main menu, I am talking about short "titles" which you have to sit
through after you select "Play Movie" from the main menu.  Currently
there does not seem to be any way to skip these titles.  If I am wrong
please enlighten me.

On another note, I actually had to use xine to watch "Underworld:
Evolution".  For some reason watching this movie using Myth's internal
player resulted in very jerky, very blocky playback of the main movie.
 The previews and menus actually seem to play fine.

I really love being able to use Myth's internal player for DVDs.  You
have done a great job on it.  Thank you!

John