[mythtv] Bug fix for DVD navigation.

Michael O michael at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jun 16 10:15:01 UTC 2006

There's a couple of bugs in the internal DVD player that could do with
fixing.

Patch to correct these is attached.

#1. The decoderbase.c:ChangeDVDTrack() has an infinite loop in it in
some regards. If the result from GetCellStart() is the same for two
different parts, then it loops forever. (This happens on the disc 2 of
"The Incredibles" DVD I have).

My solution was to limit the wait to 0.5 seconds.

#2. The previous-chapter, and next-chapter command won't move to
different titles on the DVD. I ammended the nextTrack()/prevTrack()
routines to notice if they were at the end of a title, and move to the
next title if it exits.

As a consequence of this, I moved numTitles into the class to avoid
having to re-query this from dvdnav.

With this patch, mythtv no longer hangs when I put this DVD in and I can
navigate the DVD.

(The actual titles still don't work yet becuase they're of type
'Shuffle' which libdvdnav doesn't support).

M.