[mythtv] EIT sparadically broken in trunk

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Thu Jun 15 19:18:57 UTC 2006

> One of my providers has 2day EIT available on one transport.
> MythTV used to scan EIT for this provider just fine, however,
> something seems to have changed in the EIT code which breaks
> it. Some times I'm able to get EIT, however the logs show
> many of the following:
>
> 2006-06-14 18:58:35.174 DVBRec(0): Unknown PID 0x12
> 2006-06-14 18:58:35.174 DVBRec(0): Unknown PID 0x12
>
> Normal now+next works for all other channels on other
> transports for this provider. I can provide any dvbsnoop
> output requested. Could this be a table parsing problem which
> causes Myth to thing 0x12 isn't available? I've tested 10060
> & 10187 and both show the problem sparadically (more often than not).

I'm having similar problems with eit.
Now/next works but i'm not getting the 2-3 day guide data as before.
I don't know if this is a myth thing or some change my cable provider did or
maybe a combination.

I know the guide data is being transmitted because the guide on my dreambox
works just fine.

I'm not seeing the unknows pid things in my backend log.
I haven't tried the eit branch, is this kind of stuff likley to have been
fixed in that branch? If so, is it possibel to test that branch and then go
back to trunk if things don't work any better?

Or maybe it will get merged soon so i should just wait a bit?