[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r10201 - in trunk/mythtv by danielk

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Thu Jun 15 13:19:24 UTC 2006

Hi

> I would have thought that would be the case with at least some of the
> other sound outputs. JACK would be one I'd expect to need a separate
> passthru setting but I didn't add that code because I don't have a JACK
> setup. It's something I do intend to try at some point though.

There seems no point deliberately breaking jack, but it's an example
where it would be *unlikely* that you would be using passthrough.  Jack
tends to terminate back on an alsa device so for passthrough you would
probably be routing stuff a long way around.  I say unlikely though
because it's entirely possible that you could add an AC3 device to your
jack output patchbay

I actually have a big overhaul to the Jack code to make it much neater
and more efficient - just have no time to finish it right now...

Ed W