[mythtv] How to debug "file not found" ?

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 16:28:20 UTC 2006

On 6/14/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 06/14/2006 11:36 AM, John P Poet wrote:
> > On 6/13/06, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Three times in the last five days, I have gone to watch a recording
> >> and had the frontend tell me "The file for this recording cannot be
> >> found".  Each of the three times, the file in question lived on a
> >> slave backend.
> >>
> >> The frontend log has:
> >>
> >> 2006-06-13 23:00:23.376 PlaybackBox::play(): Error,
> >> myth://192.168.2.51:6543/1011_20060411190000.mpg file not found
> >>
> >> The file *does* exist.  Mplayer will play it just fine.
> >>
> >> The frontend used to be able to play this file.  I even adjusted the
> >> commercial cut points shortly after the file was recorded, but now it
> >> refused to play it.
> >>
> >> What verbose options do I need to give the backends/frontend to help
> >> diagnose this problem?
> > Restarting the frontend had no effect.
> >
> > Restarting the slave backend had no effect.
> >
> > Restarting the master backend fixed the problem.
>
> How do you have your recordings directories configured (shared
> recordings directory using a network filesystem or separate recordings
> directories local to each backend)?

I used to have "/mythtv/store" on each backend.  About two months ago,
I changed that to:

/mythtv/topaz on the master
/mythtv/cobalt on the slave

Then gave the frontend the ability to see each of those via nfs.

When this problem first poped up, I removed the frontend's ability to
see those paths, just to make sure that was not causing the problem.
It did not make any difference.

I updated to the svn head at the end of last week to play with the new
mythsocket stuff.  Before that, it had been 3 weeks since I updated
from svn.  This problem started at the end of last week.

John