[mythtv] MythArchive and MPEG4 (software) recordings.

Martin Møller martin at martinm-76.dk
Tue Jun 13 18:16:22 UTC 2006

I have now had a chance to watch the DVD.

Aside from the fact that people look a bit odd when they are stretched to 16:9
from 4:3 I did notice one other issue: Audio synchronization. This is where
mythtranscode usually shines. I have (rarely?) never seen a serious sync
problem with files archived through mythtranscode, but it seems that either
my load was way too high when I generated the DVD or ffmpeg doesn't have the
same excellence in syncing video and audio frames. I am tilting towards the
latter. I need to read up on about 88 messages still, but I think it would be
a good idea to have an option to use mythtranscode in FIFO mode to be ffmpegs
intermediary for software recorded shows. It can be optional of course, but I
think it would help me at least 90% of the time... :)

/Martin.