[mythtv] Inverted colors on viaXvMC (Epia)

Martin van Es mrvanes at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 09:20:12 UTC 2006

On 6/13/06, Michael Carmody <mjcar at unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> echo'ing me too post follows
>
> Recently upgraded to latest SVN and discovered weird HUE problem. Though TV
> and Recording playback are separate from each other. i.e. TV is at a 50%
> shift from recording. TV plays back fine but all recordings are hue shifted
> 50%. If I compensate to view a recording, then the TV is 50% hue shifted.
>
> Sounds like a DB setting that's set wrong somewhere, is there initial HUE
> values set for LiveTV and playback of recordings in the DB ?
>
> Why changed in or just prior subversion 10064 ? I was running 96XX-something
> before this.
> viaXVMC on a MII10000 board on ubuntu.

Does this hold for newly created recordings as well? Not that I can
help, but it would say something about the chain of events.

My setup is via Epia/PVR-150 based and the hue shift is consistant
over live and recorded content, even back to prior-to-problem
recordings.

On a sidenote:
I DID notice a very slight audio shift on (one of) my old recordings
the other day which is a bit strange for a 100% embedded mpeg2 stream
based system I'd say? Is the mpeg2 stream split and reassembled
between pvr-150 and HD? Wouldn't that be an enormous waste of CPU
cycles?

Grtz.
Martin