[mythtv] Inverted colors on viaXvMC (Epia)

Martin van Es mrvanes at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 20:04:22 UTC 2006

On 6/11/06, Tim Jordan <tim at wheresrover.co.uk> wrote:
> are you building the svn with the new configure options as detailed
> on the wiki?
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/XvMC

On the Epia back/frontend I allways used --enable-xvmc, but a closer
inspection revealed this results in a build against XvMCW.
I just recompiled SVN with --enable-xvmc --xvmc-lib=viaXvMC which
makes no difference (since the update), that means: playback is smooth
but I still need to have hue at 50% for normal colors.
I have no problem with this, except that I can imagine that first-time
users could be daunted by this phenomenon at first sight?

The laptop thing is even stranger: I recompiled with --enable-xvmc and
--xvmc-lib=I810XvMC and now the logfile tells me myth can't use xvmc:

2006-06-11 16:04:42.596 VideoOutputXv Error: XvMC output requested,
but is not supported by display.
Xlib:  extension "XVideo-MotionCompensation" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "XVideo-MotionCompensation" missing on display ":0.0".

The Xorg.0.log however tells me something different:
(II) LoadModule: "extmod"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libextmod.so
(II) Module extmod: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        Module class: X.Org Server Extension
        ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 0.2
(II) Loading extension SHAPE
(II) Loading extension MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD
(II) Loading extension BIG-REQUESTS
(II) Loading extension SYNC
(II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
(II) Loading extension XC-MISC
(II) Loading extension XFree86-VidModeExtension
(II) Loading extension XFree86-Misc
(II) Loading extension XFree86-DGA
(II) Loading extension DPMS
(II) Loading extension TOG-CUP
(II) Loading extension Extended-Visual-Information
(II) Loading extension XVideo
(II) Loading extension XVideo-MotionCompensation
(II) Loading extension X-Resource

Which clearly shows that "XVideo-MotionCompensation" was loaded?
Anybody seen this before/have an idea? (google doesn't reveal much useful).

Grtz.
Martin