[mythtv] SoC 2006: Configuration Revamp Information

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Fri Jun 9 16:05:48 UTC 2006

Justin M. Hunt wrote:
> Hi Buzz,
>
> I think that putting LCD inside appearance is a good idea(TM).  I think
> making a recording/playback subsection is also a good idea and cant
> beleive I didnt think of it. ;)
>
> So here we go:
> Setup
> --General
> --Database Settings
> ----Server
> ----Logging
> --Appearance
> ----GUI
> ----LCD
> --Audio
> --Guide
> --Recording/Playback
> ----View Recordings
> ----Recording Profiles
> ----Playback
> ----Captions
> ----Scheduling
> ----Commercial Detection
>
> I think this is better, as there will be less information on the screen at
> once and everything fits into these catagories.   Anyone else have any
> ideas or comments?

i know you won't do this
but i have always wanted the settings located close to the point where
they are used.
say i'm in live-tv and i want to change an option that pertains to it,
i have to go up to the top,
down into the specific options page and then back up and down into
live-tv again.

i would love to be able to hit "settings" and get the settings
pertaining to the current mode i'm in.
maybe live-tv is a bad example, maybe not.
when fillding with things like deinterlacing etc, by the time i've gone
up, down and back again -
i cannot remember what the picture looked like
this is also true for the plugins
--
simon