[mythtv] SoC 2006: Configuration Revamp Information

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Thu Jun 8 21:31:26 UTC 2006

Yeasah Pell <mailto:yeasah at schwide.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure how much Myth is tied into its set of internal
> decoders (or
> if it has any support for the concept of a decoder that also renders,
> for that matter)

If someone is porting myth to windows they probably want to keep as much as
possibel, like internal audio/video decoders and all that stuff.
Messing with directshow just to make use of a video renderer is probably
overkill since you need a custom filter.
I guess it's probably easier to use directdraw or something directly.

> But you'd need to write a custom filter anyway, since there isn't any
> "raw socket" stream source filter that I know of that would
> be needed to
> play streams directly from a backend.

If i remeber correctly, there is a few filters in directshow that can be
used to feed a filter graph or get data from a filter graph.
I think it was well "hidden" somewere in the docs.
I noticed this after i had written a filter for dscaler so it could use
directshow based tv cards.

But those filters is probably to simple to be of any real use.

> DSMyth must include a
> filter like
> this though, so there's again probably some reference
> available for that
> work too.
>
> Ah, the wonderful world of Windows.

There is a source filter in dsmyth, it communicates directly with the
backend to get the data.
But, i haven't done any coding on it lately so it's not up to date with svn
and livetv channel changing is very experimental (if things go bad it it
goes realy bad and can't recover).
And there is a few intresting problems with channel changing and dynamic
filter graf rebuilding.