[mythtv] 'Test Harness' for MythTV recording devices

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Wed Jun 7 03:27:41 UTC 2006

> Is mythtv 'current' at all for Mac OS X ?

	Hmmm. Philosophically? Or Practically?

	Philos: I don't know anyone right now who is
trying to use the backend functions (except you)

	Prak: I try and build the source roughly
every week. UPnP checkin has now broken much.
Easy to work around for a frontend-only build,
but it will take me a while to get backend
compiling again

> Or is that really trying to
> push too many things up hill at the same time ?

	Probably.

	I often have prebuffering and ringbuf warnings
when using a Mac frontend. Usually performance type
things (e.g. if I stop a build in the background,
all is well, which makes me think it is swapping
and EtherNet driver timeout related).

	But you are on a combined front/backend,
so I am at a loss.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"Beware - I am a carrier
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia |          of surrealism"