[mythtv] problems installing mytharchive

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Jun 6 09:16:29 UTC 2006

hohenner at comcast.net wrote:
> trying to install mytharchive, upgraded my Myth install to the lastest SVN,
>
> but I get the following error:
> linux:/home/mythic/Install/SVN/mytharchive # make
> cd mytharchive && make -f Makefile
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/mythic/Install/SVN/mytharchive/mytharchive'
> g++ -c -pipe -O2 -march=i586 -mtune=i686 -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -Wall -W -fomit-frame-pointer -D_REENTRANT -DPIC -fPIC  -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPREFIX=\"\" -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_PLUGIN -DQT_SHARED -DQT_TABLET_SUPPORT -I/usr/lib/qt3/mkspecs/default -I. -I/include -I/usr/kde/3.3/include -I/include -I/libs/libmythtv -I/libs/libmyth -I/usr/include -I/usr/lib/qt3/include -o main.o main.cpp
> In file included from main.cpp:25:
> mythburnwizard.h:13:25: error: programinfo.h: No such file or directory
> recordingselector.h:48: error: ‘ProgramInfo’ was not declared in this scope
> recordingselector.h:48: error: template argument 1 is invalid
> recordingselector.h:48: error: template argument 2 is invalid
> recordingselector.h:49: error: ‘ProgramInfo’ was not declared in this scope
> recordingselector.h:49: error: template argument 1 is invalid
> make[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mythic/Install/SVN/mytharchive/mytharchive'
> make: *** [sub-mytharchive] Error 2
> linux:/home/mythic/Install/SVN/mytharchive #
>
> any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andy

It's looking for the programinfo.h and can't find it. That header and a
few others required by mytharchive are not installed during the install
of mythtv so mytharchive uses a trick to get those headers direct from
the original source used to compile the main mythtv module.

Did you run the configure script in mytharchive?
Did you use the same --prefix=??? option to the configure script in both
the install of myth and mytharchive?

If all is well you should see a mythconfig.mak symlink in the
mytharchive source directory that point to the mythconfig.mak installed
by the myth install.

Paul H.