[mythtv] Patch to accept remote buttons as logical identifiers

Navaho Gunleg navahogunleg at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 14:06:48 UTC 2006

The more I stared at that "remote" string in DisplayToKey( ) in
MythControls -- the more I'm convinced that that should be the way to
go. So in stead of irXX identifiers, rather remoteXXX identifiers are
now to be used.

Attached are 2 patches; one for MythTV, and one for MythControls that
will then allow one to actually configure it from the front-end.

It's advisable to keep any directional buttons in the lircrc file
configured as real keys (i.e. Up, Down, Left and Right, and the OK as
Space) so you can navigate to and through Edit Keys from your sofa. :)

Cheers,
NG