[mythtv] SoC 2006: Configuration Revamp Information

Justin M. Hunt beyonddeath at focushere.ca
Fri Jun 2 21:25:56 UTC 2006

Hi again,

I just want to post some more details about some of the items on the list.

Start in title section: proposed default is on
show group summary: proposed default is on

I dont see a problem with making the time offset for thumbnails take into account the pre-roll.  The proposed default value is (if i remember correctly) 65 seconds + pre-roll.

All of the settings mentioned by Stuart, were comments by J. Donavan Stanley, I will test out these settings further and get back to you if I have problems. As to what to call unknown programs, we could call it Off-Air or data unavailable like on my parents satellite box, but its not an option that is critical to keep.

As to the reschedule higher priorities, it seems like this one is staying an option. And the bookmark settings (clear saved position and alternating bookmark/clear) will probably be accessible some place, as I like both on, and as others have said they like it the other way.

Ivor: We will have progressive disclosure, either with an advanced option, or perhaps more along the lines of applying complexity values and letting the user choose how complex they want it.

Cheers,
Justin